‘Rochdale’s Got Science’ – a new talent show for 2019 – will be taking place on Sunday 25 August, and the organisers are searching for local young scientists, or children with an interest in science, to take part.
The three best acts entered into the upcoming talent show will win an array of prizes; ranging from hundreds of pounds worth of scientific equipment, and the opportunity to work with Rochdale Science Initiative (RSI) to create science contents for the next Rochdale Science Extravaganza.
The location for auditions is yet to be confirmed but will begin on Sunday 4 August at either Wardleworth Community Centre or Bangladesh Association Community Project (BACP).
The grand show finale will then take place at Kashmir Youth Project (KYP) on Sunday 25 August, coinciding with the next Rochdale Science Extravaganza event.
The Rochdale Science Extravaganza team registered as a Community Interest Company in May 2019 to bring even more science to the Rochdale borough, such as the talent show.
To enter the talent show, your knowledge of science does not have to be all explosions and bangs; contestors can create music from waste using plastic bottles, balance a spinning football, juggle or hula hoop whilst talking about science, impersonate some of your favourite scientists, paint a science related picture, or even try out stand-up comedy and read a series of scientific jokes.
Rules / Terms and Conditions for ‘Rochdale’s Got Science’ are as follows:
- All entrants must be within the age of 5 and 16 – whilst young people can enter themselves, parents must authorise their child’s participation and be present during auditions and the final grand show.
- Entrants can be teams or individuals. Team prize awarded will be split across the team.
- We reserve the right to make changes to prizes.
- Data submitted will be used for the administration of the competition, and entries may be displayed and used for marketing purposes. First names, ages and schools of students may also be shared on our website and social media pages – if you do not want this data to be shared online you should make this explicitly clear upon applying, and RSI will only share the school name.
- Entries will be shortlisted by members of RSI and a panel of judges will select a winner and two runners up.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. This includes any judging that occurs.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter.
Article written and copied from: https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/print/128734